- December 09, 2013 - Search Warrant Yields Drugs - Dave Ingram
- December 09, 2013 - OWBGC Munchkin Holiday Dance - Dave Ingram
- December 08, 2013 - Ackerman Library Open House - Dave Ingram
- December 08, 2013 - LCE Emplyee Of The Month - Dave Ingram
- December 07, 2013 - Extension Service Quick Bites - Dave Ingram
- December 07, 2013 - Parkway Baptist Church Cookbooks - Dave Ingram
- December 07, 2013 - Breezy 101 Church Bulletin - Markeith Selmon
- December 06, 2013 - KADC Annual Meeting - Dave Ingram
- December 06, 2013 - Early Morning Car Accident - Dave Ingram
- December 06, 2013 - Erica & Chassie Holifield Benefit T-Shirts - Dave Ingram
- December 06, 2013 - Boil-Water Alert For Durant LIFTED - Staff Report
- December 05, 2013 - Library Open House - Dave Ingram
On Thursday, the Kosciusko Police Department with the assistance of Sheriff Tim Nail executed a narcotics search warrant at a residence on Crawford Street. A search of the residence uncovered a large amount of Marijuana, drug paraphernalia, firearms, and money. The raid resulted in the arrest of Tyree Riley, a 30 year old black male, who is charged with Sale of Controlled Substances and is currently being held in the Attala County Jail with a $20,000.00 bond. The arrest was made by Officer Greg Collins.
• Williamsville Assembly of God will hold a fundraiser to benefit the Royal Rangers Ministry for Boys. Come and join us on Saturday, December 7 from 2-4pm for an auction and bake sale. All proceeds will be used to purchase curriculum materials and uniforms. Donations for the auction are welcome. For more information, please call Rev. Kevin Luker at 662-289-6608 or Brother John Renfroe at 601-741-2452.
• Travelers' Rest M.B. Church will have their Pastor and First Lady's 21 year appreciation. The Appreciation Banquet will be on Saturday, December 7th at 6pm. Rev. Quinton Harmon from the Macedonia M.B. Church will be the guest minister. The Appreciation Program will be on December 8th at 3pm. The guest minister will be Rev. James Copper, from the New St. Matthews M.B. Church in Flowood, MS. Everyone is invited.
• The Community Choir will present the cantata All is Well at Shiloh Independent Methodist Church in Carmack community on Sunday, December 8, 2013, at 5:00 p.m. The choir, under the direction of Benny Rigby, is composed of members from Calvary, Community, Kilmichael, Sand Hill, and Williamsville Baptist Churches and Shiloh and Williamsville Independent Methodist Churches. The cantata will also be presented at Calvary Baptist Church in Greenwood on Sunday, December 15, 2013, at 6:00 p.m. A cordial invitation is extend to everyone to attend.
• Abundant Life Church of God Winter Revival will be on December 9th through 13th at 7pm nightly. The speakers will be Rev. Mike Miles, Rev. Kenny Morris and Rev. Chad Griggs. For more information please call 662-289-6992 or 662-561-5364.
• Main Street Baptist Church in Goodman will be having its annual Christmas Cantata on Thursday, December 12 at 6:30 p.m. at the church located on Main Street in Goodman. Members of the Main Street Baptist Church choir will be joined by members of the choir from First Baptist Church in Durant to perform “Bethlehem Morning.”
• Parkway Baptist Church would like to invite the community to their Christmas Celebrations on Sunday, December 15. They will be having a Children's Christmas Program starting at 10:50 a.m. and an Adult Cantata starting at 5:30 pm. If you have any questions please call the church office at 662-289-1222.
• Christian Liberty M.B. Church invites all to their 104th Church Birthday Celebration service to be held on December 15 at 3pm. The guest evangelist will be Reverend S.L. Blake, a lifelong resident of Carrollton and the proud pastor of the Burning Bush Missionary Baptist Church in Grenada, MS. Come and bring friends with you.
If you have something you would like to submit to the Church Bulletin, click here.
The Kosciusko Attala Development Corporation held its Annual Meeting last night at the J.B. Hayes Facility. Golden Shovel Awards for volunteerism went to Charlene Coleman, Reba Hodge, and Nikki Richardson , David Skinner was the Presidents Award winner and the Lions Outstanding Citizen Award was presented to Holley Casey. Out going KADC Chairman John Dawson passed the gavel to 2014 Chairman Gary Rigby.
At 5:49 this morning AFR was called to a minor one vehicle accident on AR 5131. There were no injuries.
Our deepest sympathies are extended to the families of the following:
- Mrs. Patty Branch Wigginton, memorial services will be at Pickens Presbyterian Church on Monday, December 9 at 2:00.pm.
- Ms. Betty Williams McCool, services will be held Friday, December 6 at 11am at Jordan Funeral Home with burial to follow in Parkway Cemetery. Visitation is Friday from 9:30-11am at the funeral home. Jordan Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
- Mrs. Reneata "Jill" Wingo, services will be held on Saturday, December 7 at 2pm at Winters Funeral Home Chapel with burial to follow in Brooks Cemetery. Winters Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.