- December 11, 2013 - Car and 18 Wheeler Collide - Dave Ingram
- December 11, 2013 - Movie & Muffins - Dave Ingram
- December 11, 2013 - Contempt of Court Arrest - Dave Ingram
- December 11, 2013 - The Smell Of Smoke Summons KFD - Dave Ingram
- December 11, 2013 - Santa At Franks Friday - Dave Ingram
- December 11, 2013 - Breezy 101 Church Bulletin - Markeith Selmon
- December 11, 2013 - PDS Teachers Attend MAIS Fall Conference - Dave Ingram
- December 10, 2013 - Erica & Chassie Holifield Benefit T-Shirts - Dave Ingram
- December 10, 2013 - Guest Reader Mr. Richard Greene - Dave Ingram
- December 10, 2013 - Ackerman Library Open House - Dave Ingram
- December 10, 2013 - Parkway Baptist Church Cookbooks - Dave Ingram
- December 10, 2013 - 2 Car Accident Injures 3 - Dave Ingram
Cedric Tolliver, a 32 year old B/M, was arrested for Simple Assault on North Natchez Street by Officer Bradley Fancher.
• Abundant Life Church of God Winter Revival will be on December 9th through 13th at 7pm nightly. The speakers will be Rev. Mike Miles, Rev. Kenny Morris and Rev. Chad Griggs. For more information please call 662-289-6992 or 662-561-5364.
• Main Street Baptist Church in Goodman will be having its annual Christmas Cantata on Thursday, December 12 at 6:30 p.m. at the church located on Main Street in Goodman. Members of the Main Street Baptist Church choir will be joined by members of the choir from First Baptist Church in Durant to perform “Bethlehem Morning.”
• The Community Choir will present the cantata All is Well at Calvary Baptist Church in Greenwood on Sunday, December 15, 2013, at 6:00 p.m. The choir, under the direction of Benny Rigby, is composed of members from Calvary, Community, Kilmichael, Sand Hill, and Williamsville Baptist Churches and Shiloh and Williamsville Independent Methodist Churches. A cordial invitation is extend to everyhone to attend.
• Parkway Baptist Church would like to invite the community to their Christmas Celebrations on Sunday, December 15. They will be having a Children's Christmas Program starting at 10:50 a.m. and an Adult Cantata starting at 5:30 pm. If you have any questions please call the church office at 662-289-1222.
• Christian Liberty M.B. Church invites all to their 104th Church Birthday Celebration service to be held on December 15 at 3pm. The guest evangelist will be Reverend S.L. Blake, a lifelong resident of Carrollton and the proud pastor of the Burning Bush Missionary Baptist Church in Grenada, MS. Come and bring friends with you.
• Sallis Baptist Church choir will present its annual Christmas musical this Sunday, December 15 at 11am. Ms. Faye Wiggers will lead the choir in presentation of "Bethlehem Morning". The church and choir invite you to attend this joyous celebration.
• Mt. Pilgrim M.B. Church of McCool, MS invites all to their Quarterly Youth Leadership Program on Sunday, December 22 at 4pm. This will consist of their Christmas Program "The Birth of Jesus Christ."
• The Macedonia M.B. Church in Sallis, MS will be in celebration of Pastor Burkey Thompson and Co Pastor Tyson Thompson 11th Year Anniversary on Sunday, December 22 at 3pm. The speaker will be pastor Annie K. Robinson of Hopewell M.B. Church.
If you have something you would like to submit to the Church Bulletin, click here.
“Every Will Moses book is a world all its own. And now he creates the most charming of all, an enchanted world of the beloved The Night Before Christmas. Readers will delight in the rich Moses details, discovering them again and again in their wintry coziness: the sleepy-eyed houses that dot the snowy lanes, the miniature Christmas stockings hung by the Chimney with care, the tiny house mouse who creeps through the pages with a story of his own. And, of course, jolly St. Nicholas and reindeer who, dashing across the midnight sky, have an authentic charm all their own. Fans who have loved Grandma Moses’ New England interpretation of The Night Before Christmas will delight in this original and unforgettable interpretation by Will Moses, her great-grandson. A long awaited and welcome edition of this classic tale.”
Children can call the free dial-a-story line at 290-READ (7323) to listen to this story over the telephone. Dial-a-Story is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by funding from the Mid-Mississippi Regional Library System and an LSTA grant from the Mississippi Library Commission. For those interested in being a guest reader, please contact Frances Kellum at the Attala County Library at 289-5141.
Our deepest sympathies are extended to the families of the following:
- Mr. Edward Toten, services will be held on Thursday, December 12 at 1pm at Culpepper Funeral Home Chapel with burial to follow in North Union Cemetery. Visitation will be on Thursday from 10am to 1pm at the funeral home. Culpepper Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
- Mrs. Carrie Lee Kimbrough, services will be held Saturday, December 14 at 11am at Mt. Vernon United Methodist Church with burial to follow in Brooks Cemetery. Winters Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
- Mrs. Ora Guyton, services will be held Saturday, December 14 at 1pm at St. John M.B. Church with burial to follow in Jenkins Cemetery. Winters Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
- Mr. Jack Beall, services will be held Tuesday, December 10 at 11am at Jordan Funeral Home Chapel with burial to follow in Parkway Cemetery. Visitation is Monday from 5-7pm at the funeral home. Jordan Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
- Mr. Terry Overstreet, services will be held Tuesday, December 10 at 1pm at Jordan Funeral Home Chapel with burial to follow in Parkway Cemetery. Visitation is Tuesday from 11-1pm at the funeral home. Jordan Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
- Mrs. Patty Branch Wigginton, memorial services will be at Pickens Presbyterian Church on Monday, December 9 at 2:00.pm.
- Mrs. Reneata "Jill" Wingo, services will be held on Saturday, December 7 at 2pm at Winters Funeral Home Chapel with burial to follow in Brooks Cemetery. Winters Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.