- June 17, 2013 - Kosciusko Main Street - Dave Ingram
- June 17, 2013 - Sugar Creek Boil Water Alert - Markeith Selmon
- June 17, 2013 - FSA County Committee Nominations And Elections - Dave Ingram
- June 17, 2013 - Night of Praise Benefit - Dave Ingram
- June 17, 2013 - Benefit Car Wash Saturday - Dave Ingram
- June 17, 2013 - FFA At The Attala County Farmers Market - Dave Ingram
- June 17, 2013 - KPD Makes 7 Weekend Arrests - Dave Ingram
- June 16, 2013 - Gospel Singing Saturday - Dave Ingram
- June 16, 2013 - Carnival Day Benefit - Dave Ingram
- June 15, 2013 - Mayors Youth Council Applications Available - Dave Ingram
- June 15, 2013 - Entomology Camp For Youth June 22 - Dave Ingram
- June 15, 2013 - Breezy 101 Church Bulletin - Markeith Selmon
Future Farmers of America students cooperate with the Attala County Farmers’ Market. FFA students demonstrated both their gardening and marketing skills by being the first vendor this season to sell fresh squash, zucchini, and cucumbers grown in the garden plots at the Kosciusko-Attala County Career and Technology Center. Tomatoes, watermelon, and cantaloupe plots are also displayed along the front of the building.
William Winstead, a 35 year old W/M, was arrested for Suspended Drivers License 2nd Offense on West Jefferson Street by Officer Jonathan Steed.
Kevin Bryan Page, a 33 year old W/M, was arrested for Trespassing on M.L.K. Drive by Officer Jimmy Evans.
On Saturday the following arrests were made:
James C. Kuykendall Jr., a 64 year old W/M, was arrested for Driving Under the Influence 1st Offense on Hwy 12 by Officer Steven Allen.
K'Shun Ramone Malone, a 18 year old B/M, was arrested for No Drivers License and Loud Noise Violation on North Natchez Street by Officer Jonathan Steed.
Mashaun Thomas, a 22 year old B/F, was arrested for No Drivers License on Hwy 12 by Officer Bradley Fancher.
On Sunday the following arrests were made:
Wayne Carlos Adams, a 29 year old W/M, was arrested on a Parole Violation Warrant with the Department of Corrections on Linden Drive by Officer Steven Allen.
James C. Kuykendall Jr., a 64 year old W/M, was arrested for Drinking Beer in Public on West Washington Street by Capt. Herbert Dew.
• McAdams Baptist Church will be holding VBS starting June 17-21 from 5:45pm-8:30pm, for children ages 3 years old through 6th grade. This year theme is Colossal Coaster World. There will be fun activities planned for the children as they learn about our Lord and Savior. Meals will be provided on a nightly basis for the children who attend. There will also be a commencement program at 7pm on Friday night; refreshment provided afterward in the Family Life Building. Transportation will be available if needed. For furter information, or to schedule transportation, please call 662-633-1563 or 662-582-5729. We look forward to seeing you!
• Hesterville Community Fellowship will have their Vacation Bible School on June 17 - 21st at 6pm nightly, with a commencement ceremony on June 23rd. The theme is: Keeping Clean Until the Return of the "King" If you need a ride, call 662-582-5939.
• Mt. Lebanon UM Church will celebrate their Pastor and Wife Pre-Anniversary singing program on Saturday, June 22 at 6pm and conclude with an Anniversary program on Sunday, June 23 at 3pm. The guest speaker for Sunday evening will be Rev. Hubert Jones. Everyone is invited to help lift up the name of Jesus!!
• The Durant Church of Christ will be hosting a Health Informational Day and a Free Clothes Give away on Saturday, June 22, from 9am to 3pm. The Health information activities will include a Blood Drive,serviced by MS Blood Services, and free health handouts on all types of illnesses and diseaes for all age groups. The clothes drive will include free clothes and other free household items. For more information click here.
• Cedar Grove Church will hold their Annual Men's Day Program on Sunday, June 23 at 2:30pm. The guest speaker will be Pastor Eddie Carr of Mt. Moriah Church. All men are welcome to the program.
• Owens Chapel AME Zion Church will host their church anniversary on June 23 at 2pm. Minister Quinton Harmon of Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church in Sallis, MS will be the guest speaker. Please come out and help us celebrate and have a blessed time lifting up the name of the Lord. All are invited to attend.
Traveler's Rest M.B. Church will have their 100th Church Anniversary on Sunday, June 23 at 3pm. Rev. Curtis Bough, the pastor of Mt. Salem M.B. Church in Yazoo City will be the speaker. Everyone is invited.
• Sand Hill Baptist Church will have their VBS, June 23-27 from 6pm to 8:30. Everyone is invited to attend.
• Pleasant Hill M.B. Church will have their Vacation Bible School on June 24-28 from 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. nightly. The theme for the week will be "Rock it Out! Psalms 18:46". For more information, call 662-633-7952.
• First United Methodist Church are inviting all ladies to come for time apart on Thursday, June 27 at 6:30pm in the Fellowship Hall. Rev. Raigan Miskelly will be speaking on "Prayer, A Spa for the Woman's Soul". Dessert will be served and there is no cost. Call 662-289-1412 to request nursery.
• Christian Liberty M.B. Church will have their quarterly Feed your Neighbor Day and the opening of the Food Pantry for those in need on Saturday, June 29 from 11am to 1pm.
• The New Bethel Church Family would like to cordially invite you to worship with them on their Annual Men's Day Program, Sunday June 30 at 2:30pm. The guest speaker will be Rev. Frederick Ford of St. Paul M.B. Church of Cleveland, MS.
• McAdams Baptist Church will be hosting a 5th Sunday lunch and singing on June 30. All proceeds from the lunch will go to the youth and Shane Boyette for his upcoming mission trip to the Philippines. Hamburgers with sides, drink and dessert will be served at 12 noon-donations. Singing to follow at approximately 1pm featuring the Johnson Family and Southern Flair.
• Wesley United Methodist Church hosts Ecumenical Prayer Service each Monday at 11am.
If you have something you would like to submit to the Church Bulletin, click here.
Our deepest sympathies are extended to the families of the following:
- Mr. Dennis P. Black, services will be held on Wednesday, June 19 at 10am at Jordan Funeral Home Chapel with burial to follow in McCool Cemetery. Visitation will be on Tuesday from 5-8pm at the funeral home. Jordan Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
- Mr. Glen K. "Bo" Stone, memorial service will be held on Tuesday, June 18 at 10am at Williamsville Baptist Church. Graveside services will be held at Mars Hill Cemetery at 11:30 a.m. There will be no visitation. Jordan Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
- Mr. Thomas Clark, graveside services will be held on Saturday, June 15 at 11:30 a.m. in Parkway Cemetery. Visitation will be from 9-11 am on Saturday at the funeral home. Culpepper Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.