Update: The charge against 41-year-old Tommy Chisholm has been upgraded to capital murder in the shooting death of a Starkville eye doctor.

Saturday afternoon, Starkville PD investigators, along with an agent from Homeland Security, executed a search warrant on Chisholm’s home in Kosciusko.

After the search, the home was reported clear.

Chisholm is being held in the Oktibbeha County Jail without bond. His first court date is set for Wednesday, Jan. 17.

Continue to monitor Breezy News for more information.

Jan. 13: Breezy News has learned that a Kosciusko man has been arrested and charged with murder in connection to a Saturday morning shooting in Starkville.

Starkville police confirmed that Tommy Chisholm, 41, has been arrested for the shooting death of 42-year-old optometrist Shauna Witt.

The shooting happened around 9:30 am at Wal-Mart on Hwy 12 in Starkville.

Videos posted to social media show Chisholm being apprehended in the parking lot by several officers.

Kosciusko Chief of Police Herbert Dew said a warrant has been obtained to search Chisholm’s home (pictured) in Kosciusko.

Continue to monitor Breezy News for more information.

1. Dj Wing-Man says:

Prayers going up for all that’s affected ! Sad to hear of this tragic news. You never know what the next persons thoughts or feelings are. Let’s all love ,respect , & treat each other right ! For Christ is on his way back! R.I.P. to victim. & T-Chiz , Jesus is still there & able to rescue your soul!

2. Lola Cagle says:

This completely breaks my heart on EVERY LEVEL. For Shauna’s family and friends, For Tommy, because he obviously hit rock bottom and satan completely took over this precious mans mind and body. My heart is broken for his children and his Mother and for Tommy. I have prayed all day for everyone involved in this sad, horrific act. Every life that it has impacted. God, PLEASE help everyone that are struggling through this.

3. Brenda Zamudio says:

This is tragic, as many cases of murder and violence are. My heart goes out to the victim who lost her life, and the family of Tommy, who I never thought would do such a thing.

God please be with both families.

4. Tanya Powell says:

I am in shock! Tommy was a good nurse and had a heart of gold. Something bad must have happened to him for him to do this. Praying for his kids and family. Also praying for the victim and her family. So sad.

• Ginny l holland says:

You can never know what hell ppl is dealing with .in their mind ppl needs to take note the most sweetest and the one who seems to have it all together they are mostly the ones who suffers of mental illness. We who suffers are scared to talk about for fear of being labeled as crazy or just looking for pitty. Prayers for all involved. We need to stop sweeping mental health under rugs and help each other

5. Anita says:

Such a tragedy for all involved! Our hearts ache for each family. We can only
    lift these families up in prayer. Tommy, we care deeply for you, your mama, and children. Had only met this sweet girl once and was so nice. Heavy hearts.

6. Talisha says:

Praying for both families. I worked with Tommy for years & this just don’t seem real. He was a great nurse & a great person. God is in control we never know what goes through a person’s mind. My heart goes out to his kids & family.

7. Porcia says:

No! Not Tommy!! No! I’m in a state of disbelief. Tommy was always kind & nice to me. We would have good times when we worked together. When I heard about it! It really shocked me. I was like omg! Shooting in Starkville which is like 40 minutes down the HWY. Never in a million years I would have thought it could be someone I knew. Lord have mercy on Tommy. Praying for the family, kids & everyone involved. So sorry

8. Veronica Brooks says:

My heart hurts for the death of Shauna and the pain that her family is experiencing. To know Tommy personally is also heart wrecking. Tommy loved to keep everyone smiling but you never know what people struggle with just because they are always smiling. All I ever knew of him was his jokes and the love he had for people. We may never know what happened but God does and He knows the intentions and heart of all of us. Prayers for both families.