On March 22, 2017, Dyantay Turner, a 21-year-old black male, was arrested for disturbing the peace on Cedar Street by Officer Josh Pinkard.

On March 22, 2017, James Turner, a 52-year-old black male, was arrested for disturbing the peace on Cedar Street by Officer Kenny Barron.

Other recent arrests:

On March 22, 2017, Marion Friar, a 18-year-old black male, was arrested for no driver’s license and speeding on Hwy. 12 West by Officer Chase Voyles.

On March 21, 2017, Quincey Brown, a 20-year-old black male, was arrested for no driver’s License, contempt of court, no proof of insurance and possession of controlled substance (Misdemeanor) on Goodman Street by Officer Mac Burrell.

On March 17, 2017, Ruben Ashford, a 40-year-old black male, was arrested for DUI, loud noise, and no driver’s license on North Huntington Street by Officer Chase Voyles.

On March 17, 2017, William Woodard, a 46-year-old black male, was arrested for speeding and suspended driver’s license on Highway 12 West by Officer Chase Voyles.

On March 17, 2017, Antonia Rimmer, a 40-year-old black male, was arrested for public profanity, disturbing the peace, improper equipment, and suspended driver’s license on Martin Luther King Drive by Officer Josh Pinkard.

On March 17, 2017, Sammy Moore, a 25-year-old black male, was arrested for DUI, no insurance, speeding, and no drivers license on West Adams Street by Officer Charles Pender.

On March 15, 2017, Anthony Broadnax, a 34-year-old black male, was arrested for no driver’s license and no insurance on Highway 35 North by Officer Charles Burrell.

1. Rev. Mary Ann Veasley says:

I am really astounded and troubled over the many arrests of young black men and females. It appears that they are the only ones that are doing mischief in a town where they are the minority.
    In addition, I didn’t know you could be arrested for suspended drivers license. A ticket yes, but arrested! Do these arrest go on their records? Do these arrests hinder them from being employed? I am curious, what is/are the result(s).

• I have no name!!! says:

Oh Yes! Straight to jail with a suspended license. Even if they pull you over for NO reason and you have no clue your license is suspended…Maybe if you know the officer, but the one who pulled me over and arrested me was not going to be lenient at all…I did however get the notice that my license was suspended three days after my arrest! The city made some good money off of me too…If you get arrested for a suspended license, you also have to pay for no proof of insurance regardless if you have insurance or not! I do not figure that is the case in other towns, but here they are making their money!

• Anonymous says:

The ticket for no proof of insurance is given because the insurance company will not be held liable if you have an accident while driving with suspended drivers license because you are considered a non-licensed driver. I don’t think that only applies here.

• Anonymous says:

It has always been the law that you get arrested for a suspended drivers license. And any arrest goes on your record, and why shouldn’t it? If you do something to have your license suspended and then you choose to continue to break the law by driving without license, then why shouldn’t you be punished?? And I don’t really care whether you are black, white, Mexican, etc….you should have more respect for the law.

• Lester Livingston says:

The law these days, is no good, especially in attala co, bc all that they do is arrest people there, bc it’s very corrupt, I know, that’s the reason that I live in New Orleans…

• Anonymous says:

I’m not sure what you mean by, “all they do is arrest people there, bc its very corrupt”
          What are they supposed to do with people that break the law?? And I’m having a hard time believing that you live in New Orleans because it’s less corrupt there.

• Anonymous says:

I had no clue that my license was suspended until a few days AFTER I was arrested for a suspended license. I did nothing to get pulled over by the city cop that stopped me-literally…I bought a new car that day and it did not have a tag on it being it was a Saturday and the reason my license was suspended was for and unpaid ticket from 1999 (the license was suspended in 2013) that I had completely forgotten about. I am not a hardened criminal, but of course all of you people commenting are perfect…

• Bulldog Fan says:

You mean you had no idea your DL had been suspended? Now that’s unbelievable that they don’t send out some kind of notice!

• Anonymous says:

Oh they did…Two days AFTER I got stopped. And I had honestly forgotten about a ticket from 15 years prior…I always thought it was kind of odd that my notification came after the fact but I paid all of my fines. I am NOT a hardened criminal but in 1999 I was a little bit reckless. This was not even a ticket I had gotten in Attala county but in Scott county. But aside from the fact that you are a Bulldog fan, I don’t really care if it’s believable or not…It’s true! LOL

• Bulldog Fan says:

HA ha…. HAIL STATE! Didn’t mean literally I didn’t believe it… sorry. Meant that they need some new folks to run that Dept. To me, someone is slacking .

• Captain Fuller says:

To your reply Mrs. Veasley, it will appear on their records if arrested. Pulled over for a suspended license, the Officer has the power and procedure’s to make that decision. I don’t reside in Kosciusko but I’ve noticed far to often young black people are arrested for menial crime. And yes, this paper trail will hinder these young people of finding good employment.

2. Helloitsme says:

Do you know how to prevent being arrested for a suspended drivers license? Don’t do crap to get your license suspended. Easy as that!

• lee bee says:

It must be nice to expect to feel safe and protected at home. I called the police about noise on peeler street and was met with anger and intimidation. Just for calling about the daily racket. You’re very lucky.

3. Give Me A Break!!! says:

That MINORITY CARD can no longer be used in Kosciusko! I’m just going to leave this right here.
    The police are doing their job. If you have something to hide or have a suspended license, you deserve to pay the penalty and if that includes going to jail, so be it. Those of us that choose to abide by the law are penalized with higher premiums and taxes because of the lawbreakers.
    No sympathy from here.

4. Bulldog fan says:

Well… I want to know why the man named Russell Alston was arrested on Feb. 15, for aggravated domestic violence…. then again on Feb. 17, for drugs . Was he not incarcerated for the first charge? Or do they just pay a fine or pay a bail and get right back out ?
    Someone said too , that their are plenty of white people arrested …. I read this page every day…. the ratio is about 10-1. Ten being black arrests. What IS wrong with our youth … and I call them youth if they’re between 18-40… what’s wrong is, most of them grew up without a father and no discipline . And then , when they get into trouble …. family comes to the rescue and bails them out. That is my opinion anyway . God Help us All! That’s the problem too. So many do not know our Father! Turn to him. He will help you!

5. cryforhelp says:

All youths needs prayer. Especially when you have a mother whom works two jobs to try to make it. The father works two jobs no support. Child gets in trouble mom wants justice served but will get charged child neglect if she don’t go get her child out of jail. But she gets him out people thinks she’s running to his rescue. Where’s the justice.

6. Woman of God says:

God see no color if we cut ourselves we all bleed red blood we need to just stop all this hatred for one another and love like God wants us to

7. Debbie says:

True enough anyone caught driving under the influence should be arrested agree also everyone should have license & insurance but one the about it i see what someone made a statement about black hell the way I see it black male ain’t not nomore than the white male hell white out here getting n trouble to selling method & smoking it so can’t just put down black like we the worst people around