AS of March 20, 2020
Visitor Guidelines BMH Attala – effective immediately
(Changes may occur at any time.)
Baptist is strongly committed to the health and well-being of our patients and family members, team members, physicians, and community. With a growing number of confirmed cases of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID -19) in the United States, it is now imperative that Baptist remains vigilant in providing a safe environment for our patients and employees.
As we are in a time of global pandemic, the following visitor & employee guidelines are in place:
• Any patient’s visitor with respiratory symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) should stay home. Special circumstances may be considered.
• Hospitals will screen visitors, employees, vendors, and all other people for signs and symptoms of infection. The screening will include a questionnaire and temperature screening
• We are limiting the number of visitors to two per patient.
• The Emergency Department patients will have additional limitations on visitors.
• Hospital Patient visiting hours have been changed to the following:
7:00am to 9:00am
5:00pm to 7:00pm
• Children age 17 and younger will not be allowed in the hospital unless they are patients receiving treatment, have appointments or are approved by the CEO or their designee.
While you are a visitor:
• Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
• Cover your sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. Or, sneeze into the crook of your arm.
• Keep your distance from others (about 6 feet).
Visitors to COVID-19 patients will be limited on a case by case method.