The Kosciusko Board of Aldermen met last night for the final time in 2017.
The board opened the meeting by approving the hire of new police officer Zackary Redditt. A former member of the United States Navy, Redditt comes to Kosciusko from Lake, MS.
During the meeting, aldermen also accepted a donation from Atmos Energy in the amount of $9,500. The money will be used to fix portions of the sidewalk on along E Jefferson Street.
The board ended the meeting by appointing members to several different boards and committees.
- Katelin Adams – Tourism
- Donny Gladney – Water and Light Commission
- Larry Harvey – Licensing Board
- Jimmy Mayhew – Licensing Board
- Jim Wilkerson – Licensing Board
- Ronell Cummins – Licensing Board
- Bill Roberts – Historic Preservation Commission
- Steve Russell – Historic Preservation Commission
The next meeting of the Kosciusko Board of Aldermen is set for Tuesday, Jan. 2.